Admisión
- Adult (18+)Gratis
De un vistazo
The hall's main Buddha statue, carved in 1005 by a disciple of the temple's founder, originally wore a crown and was worshipped alongside four other statues representing different aspects of enlightenment.
This hall and its twin, the Hokke-do, are physically connected by a bridge and look like one conjoined building, earning them the nickname 'the halls Benkai carried on his shoulders'.
Este templo ofrece goshuin, pero aún no tenemos fotos. ¡Sé el primero en compartir el tuyo!
Visit between April and October when the hall is open 9:00-17:00, as winter hours (November-March) close at 16:00 and the gates shut 30 minutes before closing time.
Plan to spend 20-30 minutes here, as the hall itself is compact. The interior features a striking 3.6-meter azure altar with a seated Amitabha statue at its center, which you can view from the entrance, but the space doesn't require extended exploration unless you're attending a ceremonial performance.
Admission to worship the hall is free, though credit cards are not accepted if any donation is requested. Bring cash in small denominations if you wish to make an offering at the altar.
Understand that Jogyo-do is an active training hall where monks practice Jogyo-zammai, a continuous meditation ritual involving walking around the Buddha while chanting.
The hall is connected to the adjacent Hokke-do by a narrow bridge, creating an unusual conjoined structure that's visually striking from outside.
The Joroku-Amida-Nyorai statue enshrined here was carved in 1005 by a disciple of the temple's founder and is designated a National Important Cultural Property.
Comparte cómo fue tu visita para ayudar a otros viajeros.
Datos fascinantes sobre este lugar.
The hall's main Buddha statue, carved in 1005 by a disciple of the temple's founder, originally wore a crown and was worshipped alongside four other statues representing different aspects of enlightenment.
This hall and its twin, the Hokke-do, are physically connected by a bridge and look like one conjoined building, earning them the nickname 'the halls Benkai carried on his shoulders'.
Monks have walked in circles around the Amida Buddha here for over 1,200 years without interruption, chanting prayers continuously during the Jogyo-zammai meditation practice.
The current building survived a devastating fire in 1436 but was completely rebuilt in 1453, then underwent major restoration again from 1960 to 1963.
Celebraciones estacionales y ocasiones especiales.
Nikko, Tochigi Prefectura






Más páginas relacionadas con este lugar.
Menos de 300 m Menos de 600 m
Datos de horarios: Public Transportation Open Data Center
El alquiler requiere la app del operador y un número de teléfono japonés. Los pases de un día de docomo se venden en tiendas de conveniencia. Fuentes de datos
Pases con descuento para llegar y moverte por la zona.
Unlimited buses between Nikko and Lake Chuzenji for 2 days. Sold at Tobu-Nikko Station.
Round trip Asakusa to Nikko plus unlimited World Heritage area buses. The limited express supplement (¥1,450 to ¥2,140 each way) is not included. JR passes are not valid on Tobu trains.
Unlimited rides on Nikko World Heritage area buses for one day (single ride ¥350). For Toshogu, get off at the Omotesando stop.
Unlimited buses between Nikko and Yumoto Onsen for 2 days. Sold at Tobu-Nikko Station.
3 visitas y aportes fotográficos recientes
Haru Sakurai compartió un goshuin
Haru Sakurai compartió un goshuin
Haru Sakurai compartió un goshuin